Retirement distribution planning is most often understood from an investment perspective. However, complex tax rules also apply. Mistakes and oversights are common in planning for the distribution of an IRA and other retirement plans. These mistakes can cost an individual and their beneficiaries’ excess and unnecessary income taxes.
At Keebler & Associates, LLP we use our in-depth knowledge of tax law to help clients understand and plan for distribution of their retirement assets. This process can ensure retirement assets pass to the people, institutions and charitable organizations in the most tax-efficient manner possible.
We work with each client to evaluate advanced planning strategies including:
- Timing of required distributions
- The use of life insurance to protect a large IRA
- The conversion of a traditional IRA to a Roth IRA
- Pre 59 ½ distributions
- Trusts as a qualified designated beneficiary
- Spousal roll-overs to maximize distribution stretch-out